Monday, August 24, 2009

Erroneous Information

This morning started out fine with my daughter and I going for a walk with the puppy. Then while my daughter went for a longer run I came home to start the process of finding a job.

On the fateful day at The Corporation, HR told me the outplacement service they were referring me to had an office in Spokane. I tried to argue with HR saying they did not have an office in Spokane, only in the Seattle area. I knew this because I had helped an employee who was let go several months earlier. I was told by HR I was wrong. Guess what? I was right. Quel Surprise! I called Right Choice and spoke to a person in Portland who said they do not have an office in Spokane and any help they give me will have to be via the computer or over the phone. I'll take what I can get. I'll let you know if the 'home-based' help works. More importantly I was right. The second item was my COBRA payment. In my paperwork it said my fee - after my three months of The Corporation paying - would be appx $258. When I received the paperwork from COBRA they said the payment will be $359. Quite a difference wouldn't you say. I called The Corporation and was told the HR person should not have given me that paper and yes my payment will be $359. Yea!!! Well that pissed me off.

On the other hand I did get some good news. I have to collect my unemployment from Washington state, since I worked in Washington, and they pay more! Yippee!!! I picked up an application for WIA (Workforce Investment Act) program when I was at the Unemployment office. Maybe I'll go back to school. I can always be smarter, right?

I've received some wonderful phone calls and emails from magnificent people looking out for me over the last week and I love you all. I'm a little scared and confused, but all new beginnings are the same; fear of the unknown.

My daughter and I are going to see Inglorious Basterds right now. I need to see a movie where justice is exacted. Please, it's Quentin Terratino - it has to be bloody and filled with revenge. And a whole bunch of sarcastic humor. Look at me, going to a movie in the middle of the afternoon. If I had a job, I wouldn't be able to.

Take care, I'll talk to you later.

Slainte,

kate


2 comments:

  1. One would think that the HR people at The Corporation would have enough experience over the past few months that these errors would not occur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete